11 April, 2010

Dehesa de Abajo, Parque de Doñana.



Today Elena and I have been to the park Dehesa de Abajo. Spring now is in full swing, the birds, the flowers, everything.









Here you can see a stork, (cigüeña) with a bird of prey above. The following photos were taken using my Canon 400d and Canon 70 - 200mm F2.8 L 
USM lens with a 2x converter. The 400d has a cropped sensor and the 
conversion factor is 1.6 therefore the maximum focal length is 200 x 2 x 1.6 = 640 mm










Here is a stork in a tree, normally they like high old buildings, like church 
towers, to make their nests, but all over the park the nests were in trees, this particular tree was covered with nests. It must be quite difficult to be 
perched on a branch with such big feet!






There is another one, sitting in 
the same tree.




While waiting to try and take some frames of the birds of prey, I turned my attention to the flowers, 70-200mm lens has a maximum aperture of 2.8 which means you can really blow the depth of field away, giving these results.















This is a bird of prey, I don't know what it is, I'll ask my Mum!



























The Flamingos have arrived! Not that many, but I guess the rest must be 
held up in traffic!




Ahhh, baby cows, yes I know they are called 
Calves.




Elena in a field of flowers.


















Guess who!














More flowers!
















And a stork on the way out of the park.










NRG Photography, provides wedding, creative and portrait photography in Andalusia, Spain. All photos are for sale and commission work is undertaken. www.NRGPhoto.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment